The Handwork teacher

I am a mother to two beautiful girls and I teach Handwork and Fine Arts in our local waldorf charter school in Arizona.

Saturday, June 2, 2007

summer vacation


our second day of summer vacation.....ahhhhhhhhhhhh
we need a new hammock in our back yard, but a blanket will do. Yesterday the girls and I went over the Nalli's house and I was taught a 2 hour felting class...IT WAS SOOOOO COOL
here is what I made
Nalli has the most amazing talent to "paint" felt. By this I mean that the way she felts looks like she is painting with a brush...it is just so hard to do that. I strive to make my work look even a little like hers.
She is such an amazing person, I wish I had the chance to know her earlier.
We discussed so many things.
One thing that was very helpful was talking about the artistic work for faculty next year. She has so many good ideas.
She also showed me a sculpture that her sister did, it just blew my mind! she was a tall, very graceful felted woman with long sculpted hair. THIS I HAVE TO TRY! I will post my attempt...

I have also had the constant thought of next year's handwork on my mind.
The same thoughts keep rocking around in my mind. How to Hold each class, motivating the students, finishing projects, budget for materials and working with faculty.

I am suppose to bring to Sunbridge college, some work that the children did this year from Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd...

No comments: