The Handwork teacher

I am a mother to two beautiful girls and I teach Handwork and Fine Arts in our local waldorf charter school in Arizona.

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Getting things ready for the week


This week I am taking inventory, looking over class curriculum for each grade and hopefully connecting with some of the teachers. I want to get as much done before I go as possible. I know that when we get back I will be busy!
I found the schools weaving loom in the old 3rd grade classroom. I would LOVE to be able to use it with the children but was told that it is something the teacher does with the children...yet last year they skipped that skill. I am thinking about getting small looms that the kids can have in their laps. they can make water bottle holder straps and belts to wear.
I am also looking at the idea of wet felting with the 6th and 7th graders. this is something that I need to get busy and start teaching myself how to do it. I bought a wet felting book, now I need to sit down and read it! Maybe that would be a good craft project for today with the girls... I will post pictures.

The picture of the star fish is one of the 4 we caught when we were down at rocky point. I keep pictures from our seaside trip as wall paper on my computer, to remind me to relax into summer :)

quote for the day : "I am your teacher, I will always want more. I have a bottomless hunger for your excellence." -YB

1 comment:

Kewal said...

I have a bottomless hunger...for gelato. Oh - and excellence.