The Handwork teacher

I am a mother to two beautiful girls and I teach Handwork and Fine Arts in our local waldorf charter school in Arizona.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Every Waldorf School needs a Handwork Room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rudolf Steiner: "For handwork rooms, interiors should be used which give special emphasis to the soul-element. The craft room should be decorated with artistically executed motifs from everyday life and from the crafts, so that one has on the walls something that receives with a certain symphathy all that is done in these rooms. This would apply to spinning too." (Teachers' conference, Stuttgart, January 31, 1923)

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh, if I only had a handwork room...I am a nomad handwork teacher! Going from class to class...all these budget cuts, we will be lucky to even retain me as a handwork teacher---a room is out of the question! For years I have kept an ideal vision, but am getting weary......

Indigo, madder, marigold said...

Amen, Theresa! I wish I had a handwork room as well. But i LOVE my work as a handwork teacher. LOVE.