The Handwork teacher

I am a mother to two beautiful girls and I teach Handwork and Fine Arts in our local waldorf charter school in Arizona.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

High School Hand work


This is one basket- flat reeds with handle.
I order my reeds from www.basketweaving.com
If you are a first time basket maker, the kits are very well made with good instructions!
This is a 9th and 10th grade handwork project for beginners...in 10th grade they should do harder and larger baskets....possibly with designs

I am just showing pics cause the kits will give you a better instruction lay out

ALL of the reeds must be soaking in water for 20 mins to several hours before starting. I keep the reeds in water while I work so that they don't dry out.










2nd basket -round reeds with base








9th grade.....drum rollllllll.........

Yep! this year I start to teach our 9th grade....I am also the 9th grade sponsor (guardian angel)

No comments: