The Handwork teacher

I am a mother to two beautiful girls and I teach Handwork and Fine Arts in our local waldorf charter school in Arizona.

Monday, December 8, 2008

Saying Goodbye t o 8th grade

Today I had 1/2 of my 8th graders say Goodbye to the Handwork room.

The other 1/2 of the 8th grade will join me after the winter holidays. I swap with woodwork.

I actually teared up. The kids said they were sad to go. We stood in a circle and we looked around the class. They all had their handwork bags, lesson books and the projects they finished, wrapped up in their arms.

Sniffle, sniffle.....where is my tissue box?

I really like this 8th grade....maybe that is why it is so much more emotional for me....last year's 8th grade was a very different class.


I still have them for Art class and we just started our 10 day Knit-a-thon.....so I will see more of them....

Just sharing the moment with you...........

No comments: