The Handwork teacher

I am a mother to two beautiful girls and I teach Handwork and Fine Arts in our local waldorf charter school in Arizona.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

ladies camp


Ok the tickets are made...I am going back to sunbridge...being that it takes lots of money to get there...I think it will be a question every year...can I get there this summer/spring?

But it is set...kids are taken care of and I am looking forward to 2 weeks of ladies camp....


when I was a kid I would go to 6 weeks of Kundalini Yoga ladies camp...http://3ho.org/WOMEN/womens-new/womenscamp-newpage.htm

it was so fun!!!! it was a camp for only women and girls...females learning how to grow as graceful shaktis... Shakti is a Sanskrit word for graceful woman.

we would tent in a quiet camp group owned by the founders of the camp, shaded by zillions of cotton wood trees in New Mexico... eating organic food, doing really fun activities like, white water rafting, rock climbing, archery etc....and then tons of Yoga and meditation.

I noticed it was also a special time for the women that went...it was a retreat for them...they did workshops all day (unlike the teens...we needed to play)



Anyway...My point is...this sunbridge time is like a woman's camp for me...a retreat... a time to grown within my self.

3 comments:

Cadi said...

I'm glad you got to make it all work out. I always feel renewed when returning from training. Wishing you a joyful journey! Cadi

Lizz said...

The yoga ladies camp sounded amazing!

Maymomvt said...

I would like to find a retreat for hels and me. The summer Rudolf Steiner Institute is only about an hour away from me. I'd love to go sometime!