The Handwork teacher

I am a mother to two beautiful girls and I teach Handwork and Fine Arts in our local waldorf charter school in Arizona.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

my 3 and 7 year old's play space

Here are a few corners from our play area...not all. I didn't get all the shelves and the craft area. but here is a peek into our play time space.


the nature table is a constant flow of energy, changing with the season and day to day additions and subtractions of items.
nature tables at every corner
jump ropes, painting aprons, purses... a few of those my 7 year old made.
mobiles are endless hours of fun to make and share with friends who come over after school.


I thought I would share what my girls are up to, how they choose to make their play space and what interests them ...at the moment...this changes often and we rotate toys and in and out of the shed. Some things stay the same, but most will change around...perhaps just change location of the room and then sometimes the item is noticed and brought back into "action"
This was how the rooms were left this morning...

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Beautiful! Ours is not so tidy.

World Wide Alternative said...

SQUEEEEEEE! You are so lucky to have the space...Xxx

Annie said...

Are those some larger wooden dolls in that toy bin? where did you get those?

wonderful areas in your home!

Teaching Handwork said...

They are Haba dolls. 10 or 12 inch

yah we love them!