The Handwork teacher

I am a mother to two beautiful girls and I teach Handwork and Fine Arts in our local waldorf charter school in Arizona.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

broken bones

Well I don't get squeamish around blood or broken bones, I can stay really relaxed in an emergency. So yesterday was one of those opportunities to test my state of being relaxed and reacting.
So a child Broke his arm while I was on play yard duty. we had 2 teachers on the scene, I stayed with the child and the other ran to the office. I sent the 2 Cholerics who needed a job to run after him and make sure he was calling 911, cause there was not way we were getting this kid in a car and driving to the hospital. I had several 8th graders shoving phones in my face and I kept telling them only one teacher needs to call and we already know that that is being done. I sent 2 more kids, the melancholics to run and get blankets and jackets to cover up this poor kid who was on the very cold grass in the yard.

yah it was interesting

No comments: