The Handwork teacher

I am a mother to two beautiful girls and I teach Handwork and Fine Arts in our local waldorf charter school in Arizona.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Reality


I spent 3 hours at school today, organizing my space, moving things around and looking through handwork bags. I was really disappointed to find some very gross stuff in kids bags, and I was very bummed to see that the First grade basket from last year had lots of mouse poop on it. That means that the kids were using wool that had mouse urine and feces on it., yuk!!!!!

I have decided that all bags MUST stay in the handwork room this year. No work goes home, unless it is over fall, winter or spring vacation time and they need to finish all projects...period!. I was also bummed to see that 5 recorder cases were not done and that they were thrown into different baskets, so I don't know who's they are. I kind of invited my self into each class room and poked around to find all the handwork stuff. I will have to finish them and go back and have the kids figure it out. I am just really bummed about that. I KNOW that the end of the year is crazy and that getting 8 grades to 'wrap it up' is hard, but I just expected more. Lets hope that I do as well as I expect of others, I may fall short of my own expectations...that would be a reality check!

I just left feeling really yukie
I found some really gross stuff in a 7th graders bag and it just went down hill from there, now I have to carefully go through each bag and check it all.

Well I am off to finish recorder case number 3.

No comments: