The Handwork teacher

I am a mother to two beautiful girls and I teach Handwork and Fine Arts in our local waldorf charter school in Arizona.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

update on letters

You might wonder why a handwork teaching is asking her class to write formal letters and the answer is very simple...we wrote pen pal letters and made bracelets for new friends in other waldorf schools in other states and across the globe.

My 8th grade did not write a very formal letter so I had them write a "better" letter to our Governor for extra practice.

I also had my 7th graders re write their letter to Green Meadows Waldorf school

I have to give credit to all the Main lesson teachers who inspire academia out of these children cause it was like pulling teeth with them...

whinnying and not focusing, talking and writing things that were inappropriate....

Thank God I am the Handwork teacher cause I would stink at being the Main lesson teacher...
Getting them to do handwork is a breeze, getting them to write a formal 3 paragraph letter is dooms day.

But they did it!

No comments: