The Handwork teacher

I am a mother to two beautiful girls and I teach Handwork and Fine Arts in our local waldorf charter school in Arizona.

Friday, March 7, 2008

discipline

discipline is such a BIG word for me...my girls are so well behaved and because of this I have had a real challenge when dealing with total brat-punk kids who walk all over teachers, punch friends in the stomach, sit on friends head, interrupt teachers and don't listen to authority.

What do I do?

Where is the holistic approach to this behavior? how do you reach kids who create chaos in your class.

When certain kids are absent from class...it is a peaceful and productive class... but since we are a charter school it is very hard to "dismiss" children from our school. we can't just ask them to leave.......

I am so tired....it just really got to me today....

No comments: