The Handwork teacher

I am a mother to two beautiful girls and I teach Handwork and Fine Arts in our local waldorf charter school in Arizona.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

a candle in an orange ...candlemas

Mom in Madison did this craft
I love it! go to link to see more info
http://mominmadison.blogspot.com/2009/02/like-night-sky.html
http://mominmadison.blogspot.com/2009/02/happy-imbolc.html

does anyone celebrate candlemas or celebrate Imbolc? well I love this idea!

our kinder classes do something for candlemas

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh this is fun! We just made these this morning. :)

Sarah said...

We recognize Candlemas from a seasonal/historic point of view rather than a spiritual one....thus we chopped wood, made candles, and did other winter housekeeping stuff in recognition that we're only 1/2-way through up here!

Crafted by Bairbre Aine said...

I loved you post, and the picture of orange candle holder.
Yes, I celebrate candlemas...
however, I cannot 'teach' it at the school I presently teach at.
I would love to go through the Waldorf program, and teach there!
Cheers~