The Handwork teacher

I am a mother to two beautiful girls and I teach Handwork and Fine Arts in our local waldorf charter school in Arizona.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

waldorf veil painting

Waldorf veil painting is one of the most beautiful techniques/ media that has been brought to the Waldorf world. I am about to start my second of 3 days in vale painting with Ted Mahle

http://www.outofthecolor.com/gallery.htmlhttp://www.outofthecolor.com/gallery.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28165814@N08/2618945449/in/photostream/

4 comments:

EmmaBee said...

This is beautiful! I recently found your blog while doing some research on the Waldorf method of education. I am an elementary education major (senior year of college, entering masters), and was wondering how you got involved with Waldorf.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing this, and your painting is just stunning. This is something I have been very curious to know more about. You are so lucky to learn from Ted Mahle(sp?). His work is beyond words. Do you have any suggestions for resources to learn this technique for those of us who can not take a class?

maskitit said...

WOW! I did some veil painting while I was in Sunbridge College, and it was my favorite technique. But I have not see not seen anything like what you did here. It is simply astonishing!!

kayo said...

I did veil painting with Ted when I was in a teacher training programme at Rudolf Steiner College. I enjoyed seeing your photos showing the process of Ted's way of teaching/painting. Thanks for sharing.