The Handwork teacher

I am a mother to two beautiful girls and I teach Handwork and Fine Arts in our local waldorf charter school in Arizona.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

projects


I knit this little farm when I was stuck in the car with the 8th graders for 4 hours... the 8th graders were totally into this little farm and wanted to make one for themselves...I guess that was the purpose...to make something that was fun for me, occupied my time and that inspired those youth around me.
its not done...I need to make the barn and the animals and a pond.

This is my boiling of sweaters for my 5th grade class. They are making slippers from this material. they cut out a pattern. tracing their foot on paper and making an upper from this pattern on Martha Stewart living site. its not exact, but we use the idea from her site. http://images.marthastewart.com/images/content/web/pdfs/pdf2/feltslippers.pdf

No comments: